She has been Minister of Health of Cape Verde since October 2022.
She previously served in the government of the 10th legislature, as Minister of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers and Parliamentary Affairs from May 2021 to October 2022.
She was also a Member of the National Parliament from 2011 to 2021, having participated in various specialised committees, namely:
- Elected Member of ECOWAS Parliament in Abuja, Nigeria in 2016 ;
- Member of the ECOWAS Parliament Specialised Committee on Economic Policy, Private Sector and NEPAD;
As a Member of Parliament, she has further represented the country at the African Region level, as a member of the ECOWAS Parliament Women’s Network and Chairperson of the ECOWAS Parliamentarians Network against Illegal Migration and for the Promotion of Youth, and has been part of election observation missions to African countries, including Ghana and Mali.
- President of the Association of Democratic Women;
- Member of the Special Committee on Security and Reform of Parliament;
- Vice-Chair of the MPD Parliamentary Group;
- Member of the eventual Parliamentary Reform Commission;
- Member of the MPD Political Committee;
- Member of the MPD National Coordination Committee for Municipal Elections;
- President of the General Assembly of Women Parliamentarians;
She is a lawyer, a graduate in law, a member of the Cape Verdean Bar Association, a graduate in private company law and financial institutions and a peace ambassador of the Universal Peace Federation (UPF).